Saturday, June 28, 2014






http://amzn.to/1qFaQIn

Review by Loraine Oliver - Taint by SL Jennings - 5 Fantastic Stars!

Taint by S L Jennings really surprised me, and even though I read the blurb, I did not know if I would like it, but I bought it any way-and I am so glad I did! This book was an unexpected treat in that most everything I read unless it' s like the second book in a series retelling the story from a male point of view, usually is from the female point of view-so reading this book from the male point of view was very different and really good.

This book starts off with 12 women coming to an oasis in the desert, sent by their husbands no less- to learn how to be a good lovers. The way the author wrote it is so funny at points in the beginning as you can imagine a bunch of upper class women being told they are there to learn how to please their husbands, and how to do it right! Some of the scenes are downright hilarious, and the way he goes about showing these poor shell shocked women is truly amazing!

This book had a good plot, hilarious dialogue at times between the teacher and his "students", although the women I am sure did not find it hilarious at all, there was a lot of angst sexually, and a lot of frustration between the characters, and there were touching scenes as well.
Here is a good quote from the book to show you what some of the dialogue was like- "Oh, stop it. Don’t cringe. No one under the age of 80 clutches their pearls. You might as well get used to it" Another funny scene is when he introduces himself at the beginning- this is what he says to these shell shocked women--"For those of you that have been sent here by your husband or significant other, dry your tears and get over it. You’ve been given a gift, ladies. The gift of mind-blowing, wall-climbing, multiple-orgasm-inducing sex. And I guarantee, you will when I’m done with you." I laughed a lot reading this book and it also made me sad to think that in real life this probably happens more than any of us even realize!

The book also shows what happens when this man cruises through the first 30 years of his life without letting anyone get close to him and how everything is business, and how an unexpected small woman enters his life and causes so much chaos it will make you laugh hysterically, because isn't that how life is in real life- things happen when you are not looking or you least expect it-no one is immune to the power of love.

I gave this book 5***** stars and like I said I liked reading this book from the male's point of view, it put a whole different light on things! I found the book touching in a lot of ways, hilarious as well, and really sad at the depths of hopelessness some of the women may have felt at being sent to sex school!(less)

No comments:

Post a Comment