Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Review by WW reviewer Ann Marie Myers

Surviving GoodbyeSurviving Goodbye by Morgan Parker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Goodbyes are like true love, they last forever"

This is such a beautiful story of love and letting go.
Sometimes you need a little push to let go and live again. What if the love of your life died? Would you be able to move on? Live again? Love again?

This is what Elliott is faced with. He is losing the love of his life and he doesn't know how life will go on without her. Whether it's the love of your life, a brother, a sister or a parent or even worse than any of those a child. Death is a final goodbye and no one ever wants to face it. To be that person standing there with that blank look on your face wishing that (insert whoever you lost here) was here with you right at this moment. I know death; I am sure many many people who read this do to. This book is about how he has lost his wife and how he finally begins to slowly open up again, how he loses a year with his daughter. Yes we know that happens during death. When I lost someone I love dearly I lost time with my daughter (not a year but a few days) I was so wrapped up in my own emotions. This is what happens to Elliot as the reader you may get mad at him and think what the hell dude! Your child needs you but when you live it, it is entirely different. He finally comes around and thank god! Sometimes you need that kick in the butt and that is what his wife gave him. He didn't know it at the time...but you will understand when you read it.

Elliott’s daughter Elena is 17 and has had to deal with her mother’s death alone for almost a year. So she turns to her boyfriend and since her father is too wrapped up in his depression she does what most teenagers do. Eventually her dad comes around and now she has to tell him what is going on with her and how Jeffrey (the boyfriend) with an “o” as in orgasm has left her hanging on her own. Will her dad understand? Will he support her or disown her?

You will cry, you will get mad and you will laugh! I promise some of the things that happen here are totally funny! I laughed out loud a couple of times. I loved this story. I love the characters, the flow of the story line PERFECT! I promise there is a HEA!!

I say give it a chance! I did and totally loved it! Happy reading!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment