Monday, March 2, 2015

Kim Holden Author Bright Side Book Review

Kim Holden Author Bright Side Book Review

WWBrightREview

WWBrightCover

WWBrightside4

 Kim Holden Author Bright Side Book Review

Book Description

July 4, 2014
Secrets.
Everyone has one.
Some are bigger than others.
And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you ...
And some will end you.
Kate Sedgwick’s life has been anything but typical. She’s endured hardship and tragedy, but throughout it all she remains happy and optimistic (there’s a reason her best friend Gus calls her Bright Side). Kate is strong-willed, funny, smart, and musically gifted. She’s also never believed in love. So when Kate leaves San Diego to attend college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with Keller Banks.They both feel it.
But they each have a reason to fight it.
They each have a secret.And when secrets are revealed,
Some will heal you …
And some will end you.

GRAB YOUR EBOOK COPY AT: amazon-button
OUR REVIEW BY WICKED WOMEN REVIEWER SUSAN
5

Stunningly Epic Story!

 

I have the most “Epic” book hangover that I think I have ever had.  As I read this story I was on the edge of my seat. You know your heart is going to break into a million pieces but you just cannot stop. And boy did my heart truly break!

This is an emotional story from the get go. The author has created the most amazing set of characters with so many layers to them that you wish you had someone as Epic as Kate in your life. If you think about it after you read this story you will realize that you do have Epic people in your life. This amazing book just helps you to see them.

Kate is a beautiful soul. I found myself laughing, smiling and feeling inspired by her. Here is a few quotes about her that I just loved:

“Katie had an unbelievable gift for making the best of any situation, good or bad. It sounds easy, but in any situation short of nirvana, it’s difficult. Katie’s happiness, her consistent optimism, was work for her, but it was also deliberate, a conscious choice.” - Keller

“Katie didn’t just look on the bright side…she lived there.” -- Gus

“You told me to do epic. I try. You mastered it. You made every day epic.  – Gus

I honestly do not know how author Kim Holden grabbed our souls, our hearts as thoroughly as she did. She picked us apart piece by piece and tore us wide open. Grief is a nasty viscous creature but somehow the author, through her amazing character Kate, helped us open our eyes through the pain and helped us to see the Bright Side.

I hope with all of my heart that if you’re looking for a book that will teach you about love, about learning to be a better person, to persevere, to be BADA**, please read this amazing story and take this journey and maybe you too will see the wisdom of Bright Side…

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment