Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tara Sivec Fishers Light Book Review by DL Kane

Tara Sivec Fishers Light Book Review by DL Kane
Tara Sivec Fisher's Light Cover
GRAB YOUR EBOOK COPY AT: Amazon Link or wwiBOOKS
Book Blurb:
Tara Sivec Fishers Light Book Review by DL Kane

March 22, 2015
Fisher,
I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful things you said to me were just your way of coping after everything you’d been through. I was still here, Fisher. I was still here, holding my breath, waiting for you to come back even though you told me you never would. You always said you’d find your way back to me. Out of all the lies you’ve told me, this one hurts the most. Enclosed you will find the signed divorce papers, as requested.
I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’m sorry it wasn’t me.
Lucy


To get the ending they want, Lucy and Fisher will have to go back to the beginning. Through the good and the bad, they’ll be reminded of why they always made their way back to each other, and why this time, one way or another, it will be the last time.
Review by WW Guest Reviewer Author DL Kane
Wicked Women Rating


Fisher’s Light Shines a Bright and Poignant Light on a Difficult Subject.
Tara Sivec has been on the top of my One-Click pile almost from the start of her career. I absolutely LOVE everything she writes and never miss a new release. Fisher’s Light is the first time I have ever hesitated to read one of her books.
This is the story of a soldier and his wife, married young, struggling through the difficulties of military life. It captures you from the very first page, wraps around your heart and squeezes every single tear you have out. It is a heart gripping, very real look at the struggles our soldiers and their families face when they come home from battle.
 I tend to shy away from anything that deals with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, because this is something my family faces every day. Each individual experiences PTSD on a different level, but anyone this disorder has ever touched, service member or spouse, will find at least one moment in this book that you just “get”. There were so many times during Fisher and Lucy’s interactions that I thought, “Yes. Exactly that.” It felt, in a strange way, like validation.
 Fisher’s Light shines a bright and poignant light on a very difficult subject. It is a story that needed to be told. Tara Sivec did it with empathy and a keen understanding of this crippling disorder. Fisher’s Light is by far, her best work yet.
Reviewed By: D.L. Kane for Wicked Women Book Blog


Design by Raising Kane Photo Co.
Image License: Dollarphotoclub.com/Sergiy Serdyuk
Design by: Raising Kane Photo Co.[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment