Thursday, September 20, 2018

Kick by Ali Dean

KickKick by Ali Dean
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kick, she is the life of the party, beautiful, easy going and flirty. Not afraid of her sexuality or the fact that she likes to have a good time. Parties etc….She seems to have it all…...right?

Lydia aka Kick and her sister Shay are the Spark twins. They both attend the same college and Shay has her sites set on going pro. Kick? Well she seems more like ...well…. like she will eventually get to making that decision soon enough. One night Kick hits a concert, music is her thing along with swimming and blogging as well. Seeing Kings of Sound a band she caught on youtube, she knew Jack was the one she wanted to check out. End of concert she makes sure she meets him. And that was the beginning of the end for Kick and her one nighters…( she didn’t know it at the time).

Alright there is alot going on here in this story, one of the most important (there are a few) is what Kick goes through one night. I think as a woman, as a person who has experienced similar situations just like Kick, so similar it kind of freaked me out. Anyway, not to take away from this review. When one is traumatized by an event, it is hard to move forward. Some move forward but it’s really not moving forward. It’s going thru the motions, eventually that catches up with you and when it does it can hit hard!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED every part of this story. I devoured this. What Kick goes through and how she gets to the other end of it only makes her a stronger person and made her relationship even stronger. I LOVE Jack too. His persistence and love for Kick, *sigh. LOVE HIM.

This story touches on some very important and real life issues we as women face. With tears in my eyes, shaking my head and telling Kick it’s wasn’t her fault *sigh…...I could not put this down. Forgiveness starts within yourself. Please give this a chance. I promise you, you will love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment