Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review by Danie - Giving Up the Ghost (13 Shades of Red Novel) By S.A. Price (Author), Stella and Audra Price (Author), Stella Price (Author), Audra Price (Author) 5 Great Stars


I have to start by saying I have only recently heard about the emerging "New Adult" genre. Giving Up The Ghost was my first foray into it and I must say, S.A. Price has set the bar pretty high. This book was chalk full of little surprises that had me reminiscing. I am a music junkie, so the basis of the story alone had me hooked. But when I got to the end, I found the playlists and was absolutely giddy. I ended up downloading all the songs, listening to them then rereading the entire book.

The story itself was outstanding. With erotica finally breaking through to mainstream, there are a lot of books out there that use sex as the focal point of the book and just kind of weave a story around it. That is not the case with this. There was a natural flow between the steam and story. In fact, my only complaint was that a few times I was hoping to get just a little bit more ;) But that's only because the chemistry between Rhys and Saffron is hot enough to melt my Kindle.

The world building is unique and intriguing. A band full of hot, sexy paranormals managed by a witch in love with a demon. Rhys is your typical rock star with more than a few notches on his bed post. He's sexy and arrogant and has a voice to die for. BUT, he also sees dead people. He's still reeling from the death of his fiancée, the one person he can't see and the basis for all of his songs. Saffron is a veteran, if not semi-jaded, tour manager. She knows all about rock star life on the road. She's heard about Rhys' bad-boy, love-em-and-leave-em reputation and wants nothing to do with it. This is her big chance to make it in the industry and she doesn't want to blow it by mixing business with pleasure. Unfortunately, fate has other ideas. But can she compete with the ghost of Rhys' former love? As the attraction blossoms into something more, Rhys and Saffron will not only have to face that ghost but make a decision that will change both of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment