Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review by Danie - Sinister Kisses (SKALS Book 1) by author Adriana Nior - 4 Shocking Stars

Please, please, PLEASE take the author's disclaimer to heart before both reading and reviewing this book.

**DISCLAIMER** This is not your average romance. It's a dark, gritty, erotic thriller with a heavy emphasis on plot. It also contains elements of dominance and discipline with dubious consent, psychological conditioning, and mental manipulation. There's also gunfire and violence. If any of this offends you, this is not the book for you.

This book was every bit as gritty as the disclaimer warned. It absolutely breaks my heart that any reviewer would criticize a book's content with such a bold, glaring disclaimer. If this is not your cup of tea, please don't drink it.

I have never read a work by this author and was absolutely blown away by the incredible talent displayed. Her style and delivery were very Stephen Kingesque. I have never fully experienced the broad range of emotions from a book that I did with this one. I could feel the heroine's emotions as if they were my own. There were times my palms were actually sweating and I had to just set my Kindle down and walk away for a few minutes. This book really was a mind trip. I was beyond amazed at how the author took the relationship between the main characters and almost...not quite...but almost made me ok with it. But that is the beauty of her writing style and the story. I didn't have to be ok with it. It was just so engrossing that I had to finish it and was immediately looking for a follow up.

This may well be the darkest, edgiest book that I have ever read. To say it was a thriller would be an understatement. This is most certainly NOT your typical romance, so toss out all your preconceived notions. Don't expect the hero to be a white knight. Don't expect the heroine to be an un-tamable hellion. And certainly don't expect a typical HEA. This was a fantastic read and I encourage those who are not faint of heart to give it a try. I can't wait for the next installment

No comments:

Post a Comment