Friday, September 26, 2014

Review by Loraine Oliver

On The RocksOn The Rocks by Elizabeth Everton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


On the Rocks by Elizabeth Everton was a short story-that held a lot of meaning and it packed a twist at the end that just blew me away!

The story starts off on the main character's (Laura) birthday and she is thinking that she made it to 40 years old. Laura's first thoughts as she started the day is her mom died when she was 39 years old. So Laura gets up and the first thing to hit her is her marriage with her husband and how it is between them. She goes on to take care of her son that has autism, and she loves him so much and as a mother does she worries about what will become of him as he gets older when he lacks the motor skills to zip up pants or tie his shoelaces. She proceeds to get her surly teenage daughter up for school as well. The only one who seems to pay attention to her is Sasha her dog.

This book ends with a big surprise, and it made me think about my life, and how I almost died at 57, from stage 3 colon cancer and yet here I still am, and how I take everything for granted.This story will cause everyone that reads this, I am sure, to do the same. At first when I finished this, I did not really get it, but when it hit me between the eyes, I got it alright.

Read this, it is only 17 pages but packs a punch! I gave this a 5*****star rating, and hope to read more by this author!



View all my reviews

On The Rocks
www.goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment