Friday, October 3, 2014

Review by Wicked Women reviewer Ann Marie

Whispers and Wishes (Sage Springs #1)Whispers and Wishes by Hollie Westring
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amazing! I couldn’t put this book down! I read this in one day!!! I swear!! I love Eliza and Jake, Gavin, Ivy and Lexi this group of characters excellent! Smooth sailing all the way through never felt like anything was missing. The entire story held me captive from the first chapter and I had to know what was going on and what would happen.

Eliza grew up with her grandmother (Aggie) and her dad; he raised her. She never knew her mom only that she left right after Eliza was born. She was told the road called to her mother and that she never stayed in one place too long. So when Eliza was 18 she set out on a journey to find her mother she needed to know why she left and what type of person she is. She was on the road for two years searching with the help of a private investigator Tom, but she was never lucky enough to catch up with her. Now she was heading home to see her grandma every year she would visit but not stay long a week maybe this time though she was staying for at least a month she knew her grandma needed her help around the Inn that she ran. The Fall Fest was coming and this was the time of the year that is their busy season. Upon arriving at the airport she sees Jake…..(he wasn't suppose to pick her up Lexi was) she is nervous the last time she saw Jake she left within 24 hours of him telling her he loved her, now she didn't know where they stood with each other. Awkward would be the word I would use for this moment.

Jake a handsome guy who has been in love with Eliza for as long as he could remember. When he told her he loved her he knew she would be leaving to search for her mother but he always knew she would return. He is delighted she is back and this time he is determined to SHOW her how he feels for her.

Grams, she is just awesome!! I love this character LOVE her! She runs the Cedar Inn (it’s her home that she turned into an Inn). Then we have Lexi she is very perky...lol. But I do adore her personality in this story. Ivy, now here is a twist she comes to town to stay for who knows how long seems a little standoffish at first. Then we get to know her and I love her just as much as the other characters in this story.

Gavin. Gavin is the smoking hot guy that comes to apply for the handyman position, did I say smoking? Because this character is definitely smoking! So back to my review….Yes he is the sexy stranger that Eliza would love to get to know better.

Eliza is now between two men. She is so afraid of hurting Jake, she is attracted to him and she knows how he feels for her she does feel something for him as well. Then we have Gavin, now he is trouble and she knows it but he is damn attractive, she really wants to explore things with him. What will Eliza decide? Will she choose Jake or Gavin.? Who is Gavin? Where did he come from? Will Eliza ever find her mother? I am not telling you! You must read this!

Wait till you are introduced to Bianca, yeah she is a total bi**h!!! I have laughed out loud while reading this I have teared up too. I really enjoyed this story very much!! I am looking forward to reading Lexi's story next. There are a few twists to this story and I swear one I never saw coming. I know you will love this story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment