Monday, December 1, 2014

Review by WW Reviewer Loraine for Mia Sheridan's Archer's Voice



Grab your ebook copy at Amazon


https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1118640839
Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love)Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Archer's Voice is the most beautiful story I have read in 2014, and I have read and reviewed a lot of books this year. This book was not even on my radar until I heard from quite a few people it was a book not to be missed! I am so glad I listened and read it!

Bree Prescott was a young woman who watched her father be shot dead right in front of her, and she would have been raped if someone had not called the police after hearing shots fired-they got there just in time. However, Bree has suffered ptsd since it happened and every morning when she wakes up any little noise sets her off and she re-lives the whole thing over and over again.
Finally she decides to take a road trip, and hopes that she can find some peace in her life. Her mom died when she was very young so it was always Bree and her dad. Her dad could not hear, but they had their own ways of communicating, and sign language was one of them. One day she finds a place she can afford to stay for a while, and to get a little job to supplement her income. Bree winds up in a little town in Maine called Pelion, and she lets her best friend and the boy who has feelings for her know she will not be coming back for a while. The town is small and has a nice lake and it is by the ocean, so she rents a little cottage on the banks of the lake, and settles in. She has a nice old neighbor that welcomes her and so she feels pretty good about where she is and her neighbor tells her about a job at the diner. She goes and gets the job the very next day!

Archer Hale is a young man who lives the life of a loner: people think he can't hear, but he can hear just fine, he can't speak! Archer's life has been a series of tragedies from the time he was small up until his uncle died and now he is all alone and yet no one tries to do anything for him or speak to him, it is like they do not see him at all. He has a long beard and hair that is long also so no one really sees anything but the vagabond he looks like. The very first day that Bree moves to town she runs right into Archer, and not realizing he can't hear, she thinks he is being rude when she speaks to him and he gets away from her as fast as he can. After asking around town and finding out different things she realizes no one really knows him at all so she starts going by his house and one day he lets her in! But Archer also has a terrible secret he is hiding from his past involving not just him, but a few others in town that would like nothing more than to see him disappear for good. After Bree cuts his hair and he shaves he looks so handsome sh takes Bree's breath away, and he has a body to die for!

I do not want to say anything else except to say they fall in love and Bree finally is able to sleep without fear, and Archer finally starts to care about her and to love her, but he is afraid to reach out and give her and himself what they both need -a chance at love and happiness. After some terrible things happen and Archer leaves, Bree is devastated, and she finds herself at the beach at night or wherever she is praying for him to come home. It goes like this;

"You brought the silence,
The most beautiful sound I'd ever heard,
Because it was where you were.
And now you've taken it away.
And all the noises, all the sounds in the world,
Aren't loud enough to pierce my broken heart.
I look up at the stars, endless and forever, and whisper,
Come back to me,
Come back to me,
Come back to me."
Bree is heartbroken, and does not understand why Archer had to leave.

You have to read this book and see how it ends! Yes it will make you laugh, and be joyful at places but it will also wrench your heart, and make you cry in others, it did to me, and I still am so glad I read it.

1 Will Bree and Archer have their happily ever after?
2 Will the townspeople find out about the dark secret that Archer has carried around in his heart since he was 8 years old?
3 Will Archer come back to town and change the way things are for him?
4 Will people finally go out of their way to see just who Archer really is besides the sad boy who lost everything when he was 8 years old?

Read this book-I guarantee it will be one of the best books you have ever read, and I know that it is going on my list of keepers in my bookcase to pull out and read time after time when I want to read something over again!

I gave this book 5***** stars and can't wait to read another book by this author!






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment